The Inner Thoughts & Insanity of *my* Life

Friday, September 30, 2005

Coming Apart at the Seams

Okay, I planned on using this as a weekly reflection, but haven't been faithful...Just add that to the eat right, exercise, drink more water, drink less "drinks", pick up my clothes list I guess.

I read that you should only make a list with one item so you feel successful....what's the sense?
1. Make List CHECK....yeahooo I'm a success today! haha.

I looked forward to year 2 of teaching because it was "so much easier". I have offically cried more since school started Sept 8 than I did all last year. In my critical thinking on the ride home I came up with the answer - last year when it all went haywire I could just say "Oh, this is my first year teaching...I really didn't know that. I should make note of that so I know next year" haha...."oops first year, silly me".

Now I am putting all this pressure on myself..."Should have known...second year" haha...well I don't freaking know. I have more students than ever. I am forever under piles of uncorrected "crap". Friday, friday - I'm at school til 5pm! Some laugh and say oh teachers, I am at work at 7pm sometimes....Well, to those that laugh, I'm calling at 6am when I leave my house IN THE DARK....side note: The sunset was AMAZING today. Brilliant red & orange lighting up the city as I drove thru. Looked like the city was on fire!

I have a math "coach" who is monitoring me 2 days a week. Has critized every part of everything. The big mistake I made: (others learn here) she told me to relate math words to regular vocab words. I'm extremely insecure about my vocab and honestly hate it so I told her I didn't feel comfortable relating math to regular words b/c I don't know if I know them....She has now gotten on the vocab war path and has insulted everything that comes out of my mouth! Gone as far as to tell me to "read the Geometry book, because the words and definitions are highlighted" arg.

So I cry. The principal calls me into her office, and I cry more...And here's the best part of the week...Nasty-ass teacher (yes co-worker) calls me over - she's on bathroom duty, I'm on hall duty - and says, you were in the pricipals office during your duty. Did you get called in? Was the principal aware that you were on a duty? Did you sit in there during your duty?...So I said if you paid that close attention then you would have noticed I was bawling my eyes out and the office was a better place for me to be than the halls. Oh, yes I am the only one assigned to hall duty that does it, daily! Okay...enough rambles....I guess this doesn't count as reflection on my teaching...can I CHECK it off anyway?

4 Comments:

Blogger PeeKay said...

hey next time you get bathroom duty, do a duty in that nasty-ass co-teacher's purse. that will show her!!!

1:48 AM  
Blogger PeeKay said...

hey october came and went! wherre are you teacher teacher!

9:16 PM  
Blogger PeeKay said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

8:33 PM  
Blogger PeeKay said...

hey november came and went weee weee weee all the way home! where are you and where are your thoughts!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home